Review: RW Garcia’s Tortilla Chips2 Comments
I recently tried RW Garcia’s MixtBag Yellow/Blue corn tortilla chips. So delicious, crunchy and not oily! There are many other tortilla chips that can make my stomach upset but these were very mild and easy going on my gut. RW Garcia’s chips are also all natural, gluten-free, and verified by the Non-GMO Project as meeting or exceeding GMO avoidance standards.
Ingredients: Stone ground yellow corn, stone ground blue corn, sunflower oil or corn oil, sea salt, water, trace of lime.
My husband had family visiting so I decided to use RW Garcia’s tortilla chips in one of my favorite breakfast recipes. Try this next time you need to make food for a few hungry people! For a vegetarian option, just negate the meat.
- 2 C RW Garcia’s MixtBag Yellow/Blue corn tortilla chips
- 5 whole eggs, 6 additional egg whites (cage-free)
- 1 package (about 20 ounces) lean ground turkey meat (grass fed preferable!)
- 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon chili powder (without onion or garlic)
- 1 TB garlic oil
- 1 C monterey jack cheese (Low Fodmap lactose-free cheese for those following a lacto-ovo vegetarian low FODMAP diet – otherwise use monterey jack cheese)
- 1/2 C diced organic Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 C canned lentils
- 1 medium organic avocado, diced
- Mix paprika and chili powder together, and then fold into turkey meat
- Place garlic oil in a pan and cook turkey meat half way through, dicing into little chunks
- Spray a glass casserole dish with organic olive oil spray
- Gently pour in the tortilla chips, and lay them out as evenly as you can
- Take all your eggs and scramble them, then pour eggs over tortilla chips
- Sprinkle half of your cheese over the chips
- Spread the turkey meat over the cheese
- Spread the lentils over the meat
- Sprinkle over the rest of your cheese
- Sprinkle in the diced tomatoes
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Check the outer edges of the egg mixture and use a fork to ensure the egg has cooked all the way through. The egg should feel firm. Depending on your oven, you might need another 5-10 minutes of baking.
- Once done, add your diced tomato on top – serve immediately!
Here’s RW Garcia’s website where you can learn more about their other products and where to buy their MixtBag tortilla chips. My husband tried the Tortatos which he said were awesome (it’s a potato chip and tortilla chip in one) however, this product is not suitable for the Low Fodmap diet.
Don’t forget to…
Subscribe to the Fodmap Life newsletter: http://ow.ly/z2Lt5
And Subscribe to our Youtube page: http://ow.ly/zydyP