Low Fodmap Peanut Butter Cookies!6 Comments
These cookies are so delicious! They work with the low fodmap diet, are wheat free, gluten free, soy free and lactose free! It’s an especially helpful recipe for celiac disease, irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease and other digestive disorders as well as those with auto-immune diseases like Hashimoto’s.
Don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter today! goo.gl/r99E1t
The cookies are very easy and quick to make. Bake them for your kids, have them as a snack to enjoy at work or while on the run. Enjoy!
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- 1 C organic peanut butter
- 1 C organic sugar
- 1 tsp organic pure vanilla extract
- 1 TB organic maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- Coarse Himalayan sea salt (optional)
- Use a medium-sized bowl and mix together the peanut butter, sugar, vanilla extract, maple syrup, and egg. Spoon out about a tablespoon of dough for each cookie and place on an un-greased cookie sheet, about one inch apart. Use the prongs of a fork to gently press down and flatten the cookie. Press down again about a quarter clockwise to make what’s called a crosshatch pattern. Optional – lightly sprinkle salt on top of the cookies.
- Bake for five minutes, then turn the cookie sheet 180 degrees and continue baking. Check on your cookies about five minutes later – they should be golden brown around the edges.
Sign up for our newsletter today! goo.gl/r99E1t