Valentine’s Day Low-FODMAP Chocolate Coconut Balls1 Comment
Happy Valentine’s Day! In celebration of Valentine’s Day I wanted to share my gluten-free, wheat-free, dairy-free recipe with you for Low-FODMAP Chocolate Coconut Balls. They are very easy to make and won’t take much of your time. They are great to enjoy with your sweetie or for kids!
- 2 cups light shredded coconut
- 2 1/2 tablespoons melted coconut oil (30 secs – 45 secs in microwave)
- 1/3 cup egg whites (2 egg whites)
- 1/4 cup organic pure cane sugar
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon organic Grade A maple syrup
- 30 grams melted semi-sweet chocolate bar (1 oz. bar).
- Mix the coconut shreds, coconut oil and rice flour on high speed in a mixer.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg whites, sugar, vanilla extract and salt.
- In a small pan, melt the bar of chocolate on medium heat. I recommend breaking the bar up into pieces before you begin. The chocolate will melt quickly. Stir consistently until completely melted then add immediately to the coconut and flour mixture and mix until the chocolate is spread throughout evenly.
- Next add the eggs, sugar, vanilla extract and salt to the coconut/flour mixture on high speed for 30-45 seconds.
- Add in the maple syrup
- Shape the mixture into 15 (1-inch) balls and place on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand for 30 minutes to an hour.
Option: Add a fine drizzle of melted dark chocolate to the top of the coconut balls or lightly sprinkle with cinnamon or confectioner’s sugar.
Have a sweet day! ~ Colleen
Don’t forget to…
Subscribe to the Fodmap Life newsletter: http://ow.ly/z2Lt5
And Subscribe to our Youtube page: http://ow.ly/zydyP