Banana Chocolate Walnut Bread
Low-FODMAP Banana Chocolate Walnut Bread
Our FODMAP Life Banana Chocolate Walnut Bread recipe is so, so delectable! The taste, consistency and of course the decadent smell wafting through my kitchen - I can't wait to make it again!
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons Bob's Red Mill rice flour
- 1 ¾ cups Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1 Baking Flour (wheat & gluten free)
- 1 teaspoon Bob's Red Mill xanthan gum
- 2 tablespoons baking powder *see below
- 3 RIPE organic bananas, mashed
- 1 cup organic granulated sugar
- 1 stick butter, melted (I love Kerrygold)
- 2 cage-free eggs, beaten
- ½ teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped organic walnuts
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Morsels/Chips (or mash up an 8 oz. bar of dark chocolate)
- Preheat your oven to 350° Fahrenheit
- I used mini-loaf pans for this recipe but you can also make just one large loaf with a 9-inch loaf pan.
- Use a medium-sized bowl to sift the flours, xanthan gum and baking powder together.
- In another medium-sized bowl, add three ripe bananas and mash them with a fork. Then mix together the sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla extract, walnuts and chocolate morsels. Add the flour mixture and use a spatula to fold all the ingredients together.
- Put the batter into the loaf pan (or small mini-loaf pans) and bake for 25-30 minutes. Some ovens vary so just use a toothpick, fork or other thin utensil and insert into the loaf to check to see if your loaf is ready (utensil should be clean).
- Carefully remove the loaf to transfer to a cooling rack. Serve with a pat of unsalted butter!
- *Use gluten-free baking powder if you have Celiac or Hashimoto's disease. I also recommend organic ingredients, but it's up to you on what to use. To help take the guesswork out of what to use for other ingredients, I've recommended brands above as they are brands I use and they're low-FODMAP but you can use other brands, just check labels! If buying a bag of chocolate morsels (chips), just make sure you get dark chocolate.